FSSC 22000 Certification : Food safety certification system
Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 Certification is a globally accepted certification. QMCS (INDIA) offer FSSC 22000 Certification consultancy in India.
What is FSSC 22000 Certification ?
FSSC 22000 Certification is a food safety certification scheme depend on the existing globally recognized ISO 22000 Certification and complemented by technical standards, such as ISO TS 22002-1 for food manufacturing and ISO TS 22002-4 for packaging manufacturing. It is also fully consistent with other ISO standards, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certification (including the alignment with ISO High-Level-Structure).
It specifically focused the food, feed and packaging manufacturing sector as well as the storage & distribution, catering and retail & wholesale sectors. While the 1st editions of FSSC 22000 Certification only applied to food manufacturers.The scope for current version has been extended to other segments of the supply-chain, and it’s recognized by Global-Food Safety-Initiative – GFSI.
WHAT Type OF ORGANISATION CAN GO FOR FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION?
FSSC 22000 Certification can be applied to organisations/company of any size in the food supply chain business. This includes producer of all food and beverage kind, ingredients manufacturers, Animal and pet feed manufacturers, and packagingmaterial manufacturers.
The FSSC 22000 Certification has also extended the scope of its Certification to include transport & storage, retail operations & catering establishments.
Advantage to FSSC 22000 Certification includes:
Risk-Management – Adopt procedures that reduce the potential for food-safety incidents and re-calls related to food, animal feed & packaging.
Improvement-platform– The FSSC 22000 Certification provides a system to guide continual quality and safety improvements in your operation.
Brand support – Enhance your brand & corporate image, and boost your marketing to new and prospective customer.
Worldwide accepted recognition – Built on the foundation of ISO 22002-1, ISO 22002 & technical-specifications for sector Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs) with broad industry and stakeholder commitment
Customer satisfaction – support your retail customer requests for GFSI-level certification built around strong HACCP principles, and reinforce consumer confidence
Bundle Services – Easy bundling with 100+ certification programs for added efficiency and cost savings.
What is the need for FSSC 22000 Certification ?
FSSC 22000 Certification support you with GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognition, and prevents from food fraud and food risks. It also support you with food safety measures and creates a food contingency plan, the contingency plan will help in response to crises affecting, or threatening to affect, food supply and food security. The FSSC also helps you with food traceability which is the ability to follow the movement of a food product and its ingredients through all steps in the supply chain, both backward and forward.
What is difference between ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000 Certification?
- The ISO 22000 Certification only covers management-systems. ISO 22000 can be used in combination with any other GMP standard as long as the PRPs are implemented according to the ISO standard.
- The GSFI does not recognise ISO 22000.
- ISO 22000 Certification is not recognized by GFSI.
- ISO 22000 is broad in scope.
- FSSC 22000 Certification consists of the ISO 22000 standard, specific ISO Technical standards, and additional requirements.
- The GFSI recognises FSSC 22000 certification.
- FSSC has a more limited-scope. Current scopes included are: farming, perishable animal products, food-processing, feed-production, food-ingredients & food packaging material manufacturing.
- New Version of FSSC 22000 standard is Version-5, available for audit & certification from 1st Feb 2020.
- GFSI is an organisation committed to benchmarking food safety management schemes with an aim towards fostering a convergence between food safety standards.
How do I obtain FSSC 22000 Certificate?
How to get FSSC 22000 Certification?
- Gap-Analysis, Food-Safety-Policy, Food Safety Objectives
- Determining role, responsibility & authorities, Identify and assemble core-group, Appointment of Team-Leader
- Management System Documentation: Level 1 to Lev-l 4, Prerequisite Program, Operational PRPs, Hazard-Evaluation, Critical-Control
- ‘’Point, HACCP Plan, Food Safety Plan, Validation Plan, Verification Plan.
- Awareness Training to Core Group and identified staff
- Internal Auditors Training to Core Group and Conduct of Internal Audit
- Conduct of Management Review Meeting
- Application to-Certification Body
- Final Certification Audit – end of project
ALREADY CERTIFIED TO FSSC 22000 Certification?
If you are a food company that is already certified to FSSC 22000, QMCS(INDIA) can support you make a seamless transition to FSSC 22000 Certification by implementing the additional requirements set by the FSSC and the PRP standard suitable for your industry. The transition can be made at any audit in your three-year cycle and will result in a new FSSC certificate.
FSSC 22000 Certification consultancy
Is Consultant Required for FSSC 22000 Certification consultancy ?
QMCS(INDIA) can help you establish system according to FSSC 22000 Certification Version-5 Food Safety Management System Requirements. QMCS(INDIA) have a profession method of implementing FSSC 22000 requirement. The activity timeline for obtaining FSSC 22000 certification is as follows:
QMCS(INDIA) can help you develop, implement FSSC 22000 system and attain FSSC 22000 certification from reputed certification body. We provide FSSC 22000 Certification Consultancy in India. QMCS(INDIA) is preferred consultancy organization by reputed certification bodies. We have best team of Expert.